When it comes time for you to purchase car insurance for the first time or renew your current policy, you will be confronted with many options. Drivers are faced with the difficult task of finding the balance between having enough insurance coverage for their vehicle while also not trying to pay extra for the coverage they don’t need. 

This balance can be hard to find without the help of an experienced insurance Agent. At Link-Hellmuth our team of independent agents is able to assess your individual needs to find you the coverage you need at an affordable price. 

Two of the most common types of car insurance options in Springfield, Ohio are Liability coverage and Full Coverage. Chances are if you are in the market for car insurance you have seen these terms thrown around. What do they mean? And which is right for you? Let’s take a look. 

Liability Coverage

Liability insurance is a type of coverage that pays for injuries and property damage sustained by other people and their property in accidents that you cause. Most states require that drivers have a minimum of liability insurance in order to drive a car. In many states, liability insurance is the only required insurance. 

Liability car insurance is a combination of bodily injury liability and property damage liability insurance.

Bodily injury insurance pays for the victim’s lost wages and medical bills. Property damage insurance covers repair costs for their vehicle or stationary objects, like their home or fence, that may have been damaged in the accident.

Full Coverage

Full coverage is a policy that includes collision and comprehensive coverage in addition to a state’s minimum car insurance requirements. Unlike liability insurance, full coverage covers the policyholder’s own expenses, even in accidents where they are at fault.

Collision insurance will help pay for damage done to your car after an accident. Comprehensive insurance, on the other hand, covers repair expenses when your car is damaged by something other than an accident, such as vandalism or a natural disaster. Neither type of insurance is required by state law, but you usually have to get both if your car is leased or financed.

What’s The Difference?

The biggest difference between Liability car insurance and full coverage car insurance is the coverage of your own injuries or property damage after a car accident. Liability insurance will never pay for your own expenses after a car accident, so if you want your own medical bills and repair costs to be covered, you will need to get additional coverage.

Car Insurance in Springfield, Ohio

Now you may be wondering, what’s the best option for me? If you can afford it, we will always advise you to get full coverage insurance. No matter how clean your driving record is, if you get in an accident your vehicle is likely to be damaged or you could be injured, and chances are you would appreciate those costs being covered. Having full coverage insurance will provide a wide financial safety net that will alleviate some of the burdens that come with handling car issues.

The best way to decide what type of coverage is best for you is to talk with one of our experienced insurance agents at Link-Hellmuth Insurance. We will help you assess the unique needs of your situation and shop from a wide array of insurance providers to find you a great deal!