Liability Bodily Injury & Property Damage

The foundation of all Car Insurance policies is always Liability Insurance. This is what pays for your mishaps! Liability Insurance is coverage that kicks in to cover another person in an accident when the accident was your fault. Lets say you ran a red light and side swiped an oncoming car. The collision caused damage to their front bumper, your Liability Property Damage Insurance is going to pay to fix their car, so that you are not paying out of your own pocket. Lets say in the same accident that the driver in the other car was injured and had to be taken to the hospital. Your Liability Bodily Injury Insurance is what is going to pay for their medical bills up to the selected limits on your policy.

Uninsured Motorist & Underinsured Motorist

Ever wonder what happens when someone else runs a red light and hits your car, and they are not carrying insurance at the time? There are way too many drivers on the road now days who are driving without insurance, fortunately for you at Link-Hellmuth Insurance we always include Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist coverage for you. If you have this coverage and someone else causes an accident that you’re involved in, this coverage is going to kick in and cover your medical expenses and any damage to your car up to the selected limits on your policy. Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist coverage limit amounts are determined by you the policy holder, don’t try and cut cost by cutting the amount of insurance for yourself. Make sure you’re properly covered!

Comprehensive Coverage

Comprehensive Coverage is part of what makes up the Full Coverage portion of your Car Insurance. Comprehensive is going to cover a long list of risks that could happen to your vehicle not occurring in an actual car accident. Risks covered are going to be fire, flood, wind, hail, tree falls on your car, theft or vandalism, and even deer accidents. Typically you will have a separate Comprehensive Deductible, this is what you are going to pay before the insurance company pays for any repairs. Lets say someone keyed the side of your car, and the body shop’s estimate is $2,500, and your Deductible is $250. You will pay the $250, and the insurance company is going to pay the $2,250.

Collision Coverage

This is the biggest part of what makes up your Full Coverage. Collision Coverage is what protects your car against any collision accident that you are involved in. Whether you hit another vehicle or slammed into a mailbox, Collision Coverage is going to put your car back together. You will always have a Collision Deductible for you to pay before the insurance kicks in.

Collision VS. Comprehensive

An easy way to separate the two is this.. Collision is if your car “collides” with another object whether it was a moving object or stationary. Comprehensive is everything that happens to your car that is “other than collision.”